GeneralHome News About ER 2010 Website ER Website
ContributorsPeter P. Chen Award 2009 Camera-ready submission Call for Papers Call for Workshops Call for PhD Colloquium Call for Posters and Demos Call for Panels Call for Tutorials Manuscript Preparation
ConferenceConference Program Keynote Speakers Accepted Papers Workshops Posters and Demonstrations Panels Tutorials Conference Committee Program Committee
ParticipantsRegistration Venue Travel Information &
Invitation Letter Accommodation Attractions Maps Transfers & Optional
MiscellaneousPublicity Materials Contact Sponsors
Peter P. Chen Award 2009
Initiated by Elsevier in 2008 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the journal Data and Knowledge Engineering, the Peter P. Chen award honors one person each year for his or her outstanding contributions to the field of conceptual modeling. One person will be selected each year to receive a plaque and check for $1000 (US$). The award is announced and presented each year at the ER Series conference.
Criteria for the Award
- Research: how well the nominee has helped advance the field of conceptual modeling with his/her intellectual contributions.
- Service: participation in the organization of conceptual-modeling-related meetings and conferences and participation in editorial boards of conceptual-modeling-related journals.
- Education: how effectively the nominee has mentored doctoral students in conceptual modeling and produced researchers from their labs and also helped mentor other young people in the field.
- Contribution to practice: the extent to which the nominee has contributed to technology transfer, commercialization, and industrial projects.
- International reputation: the extent to which the nominee's work is visible to and has diffused into the international community.
Nominations may be sent to the chair of the selection committee by the due date each year. Each nomination should be accompanied by a summary statement about the nominee and a justification for the nomination. Please send your nomination to the ER Steering Committee Chair (Prof. Oscar Pastor) electronically at email@example.com. All nominations are due by June 30th, 2009.
Award Selection Process
The selection committee consists of five people of which four are appointed by the ER steering committee chair, the fifth member is the previous year's recipient. If a member of the selection committee is nominated, the member must either withdraw from the selection committee or withdraw from the candidate pool. Based on the criteria for the award, the selection committee will choose the best candidate among the nominees.