Target audiences and the scope
We solicit submission of original research, as well as experience and vision papers, from both researchers and practitioners, welcoming any topic where conceptual modeling is a major theme. We specifically encourage submissions on the application and role of conceptual modeling techniques in new and emerging areas such as large data repositories for business intelligence, cloud computing and NoSQL databases.
Specific examples of topics of interest include, but are not limited to, conceptual modeling as applied to:
- Foundations and Concept Formalization
- Domain Specific Conceptual Modeling Languages, Methods and Frameworks
- Methodologies and Tools for Conceptual Design
- Data Warehousing, Data Mining, Business Intelligence and Analytics
- NoSQL and NewSQL Databases
- Big Data
- Semantic Web, Cloud Computing, and Web Information Systems
- Ontological and Cognitive Foundations for Conceptual Modeling
- Quality and Metrics of Conceptual Models
- Patterns and Reuse
- Data Semantics and Integrity Constraints
- Interleaving Modeling and Development
- Integration of Conceptual Models and Database Schemas
- Schema Evolution and Management of Database Constraints
- Metadata and Applications
- Spatial, Temporal, and Multimedia Aspects in Conceptual Models
- Semi-structured Data and XML
- Empirical Studies of Conceptual Modeling
- Requirements Engineering
- Reverse Engineering and Round Trip Engineering
- Information Retrieval, Filtering, Classification, Summarization, and Visualization
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Advanced and Cross-Disciplinary Applications of Conceptual Models
- Enterprise Business Models, Enterprise Architectures and Service-Oriented Architectures
- Business Process Modeling
- Industry 4.0, Factory of the Future and Internet of Things
- Applications to Bioinformatics, Ambient Assistance, Cyber Security, and Privacy
- Role of Conceptual Modeling in Social Networks, Mobile Computing, Deep Learning, Internet of Objects, Serious Games and Pedagogical Models, etc.
ER 2019 awards
- Best Student Paper Award: to be given to the best paper whose first author is a student.
- Best Paper Award: to be given to the best paper.
Submission GuidelinesA paper submitted to ER 2019 may not be under review for any other conference or journal during the time it is being considered for ER 2019. Submitted papers must demonstrate to be aware of the state-of-the art literature in conceptual modeling by properly citing relevant papers in the field.
Submission will be electronically managed via the submission page of ER-2019 in EasyChair. Authors are asked to submit an abstract first, and then to upload the full paper.