Welcome to the website of the PLN-UFRGS research group!
We are the research group of Natural Language Processing at the Institute of Informatics of the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Brazil. We are a group of researchers working in the intersection of the exciting fields of cognition and computational linguistics, trying to build systems and models for the integration of human languages into computers.
Our group is headed by... and was created in... (COMPLETE HERE!)
Our general research interests are in the fields of neurosciences, cognition and language. We are particularly interested in:
- Computational models and brain structures
- Computational models for language acquisition and evolution
- Automatic lexical acquisition
- Corpus-based natural language processing
- Multiword expressions
- Applications in human language technlogy