Call for Workshop Proposals
The PROPOR-2018 organizing committee invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference. The overall purpose of a workshop is to provide participants with the opportunity to present and discuss novel research ideas on active and emerging topics of computational processing of Portuguese.
Workshops can take on a number of forms including (but not limited to) being organized around emerging research areas, challenge problems and industrial applications. The organizers of approved workshops are required to announce the workshop and call for papers, gather submissions, conduct the reviewing process and decide upon the final workshop program. They must also prepare a set of workshop proceedings to be distributed with the registration materials at the conference or in an electronic version. They may choose to form organizing or program committees for assistance in these tasks.
- February 10, 2018: Workshop proposals due
- February 20, 2018: Notification of decision
- March 05, 2018: Workshop web pages available and linked to the main site. Workshop CFP published.
- July 15, 2018: Camera-ready of papers of the Workshop
- September 24-26, 2018: PROPOR 2018 Workshops (electronic proceedings due for online publication)
Proposals should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Description of the workshop: title, abstract, objectives, goals, relevance, and expected outcome
- Motivation why a PROPOR workshop on this topic is needed
- Description of the target audience
- List of core committed program committee members (at least 2 to 3 members)
- Preliminary list of invited speakers (if any)
- For workshops previously held at PROPOR or other conferences details on venue, attendance and number of submissions from previous years.
- For new workshops a list of potential attendees/submissions and/or a justification of the expected attendees and submissions.
- Relevant experience of the organizing committee
- Duration of the workshop (full day or half day)
- Contact information (address, email, and phone) for all organizers
- Designation of a contact person
The workshop organizers are responsible for:
- Creating and distributing a call-for-papers, call-for-participation and any other relevant advertising. The calls should make it clear that at least one author of any accepted paper must attend the event and that papers will be withdrawn if no such participation is secured with the payment of the workshop dues. The call should clearly describe the review and selection process. Finally, the calls must be framed to encourage as broad a participation as possible.
- Creating and publishing (in a timely manner) a web site with all the relevant information pertaining to the workshop.
- Provide an extended abstract for the conference program
- Review and select papers submitted
- Schedule the presentations within the workshop
- It should be noted that the conference organization does not budget for free registration, accommodation or travel expenses for the workshop organizers or their invited speakers. The workshop organizers should therefore secure any source of funding / sponsorship deemed necessary for their invited speakers.
- Prepare electronic proceedings volumes by end of July 2018.
Please contact the Workshop Committee for questions (e-mail email@example.com).