18. ICCAD 2015 Contest, 2º Prize in “Incremental Timing-Driven Placement”, Austin, Texas. Team composed by: Guilherme Flach, Jucemar Monteiro, Mateus Fogaça. Marcelo Johann e Ricardo Reis. Prêmio entregue em Novembro de 2015, durante o ICCAD, em Austin, Texas.
17. Pe. Landell de Moura Award 2015, by the Brazilian Microelectronics Society, September 2015, in Salvador, Bahia, at Chip in Bahia.
16.”Meritorius Service Award 2015” of IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, announced at IEEE ISCAS 2015, May 2015, in Lisbon.
15. ICCAD 2014 contest First Place, “Incremental Timing-Driven Placement”, announced at ICCAD 2014, San Jose, California. Team composed by: Guilherme Flach, Jucemar Monteiro, Julia Puget, Mateus Fogaça. Marcelo Johann, Paulo Butzen e Ricardo Reis.
14. Newton Faller Award by the Brazilian Computer Society, 2014
13. “Best Paper Award” for the paper: ZIESEMER, A., REIS, R., Simultaneous Two-Dimensional Cell Layout Compaction Using MILP with ASTRAN, ISVLSI2014 - IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, July 9-11, 2014, Tampa, USA, p. 350-355, ISBN: 978-1-4799-3765-3, DOI 10.1109/ISVLSI.2014.79.
12. “Best Paper Award” for the paper: FLACH, G., REIMANN, T., POSSER, G., JOHANN, G., REIS, R., Simultaneous Gate Sizing and Vth Assignment using Lagrangian Relaxation and Delay Sensitivities, ISVLSI2013. IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, Natal, Brazil, August 5-7, 2013. p. 10.1109/ISVLSI.2013.6654627
11. Prêmio ACM ISPD Contest 2013, 1º Lugar no Primary Ranking: Quality. A equipe da UFRGS/UFSC, composta pelos alunos de doutorado da UFRGS Gracieli Posser, Guilherme Flach e Tiago Reimann, orientados pelos professores Marcelo de Oliveira Johann e Ricardo Reis, juntamente com os alunos da UFSC Vinicius Livramento, Chrystian Guth and Renan Oliveira Netto, orientados pelo prof. José Guntzel, obteve o primeiro lugar na classificação final do “Primaty Ranking” da competição de “Dimensionamento Discreto de Portas Lógicas", realizada no ACM ISPD – International Symposium on Physical Design, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA, 25-27 de março de 2013, promovido pela ACM/SIGDA e tendo copromoção técnica da IEEE CAS Society.
10. ACM ISPD Contest 2012 Award, 1º Position in the Secondary Ranking: Quality and Runtime. The UFRGS team was composed by the PhD Students Gracieli Posser, Guilherme Flach and Tiago Reimann, undergrad student Jozeanne Belomo, and as advisors Marcelo de Oliveira Johann and Ricardo Reis, “Logic Gates Discrete Sizing”, announced at ACM ISPD – International Symposium on Physical Design, Napa, CA, March 25-28, 2012, promoted by ACM/SIGDA and co-promoted by IEEE CAS Society.
9. ACM ISPD Contest 2012 Award, 2º Position in the Primary Ranking: Quality. The UFRGS team was composed by the PhD Students Gracieli Posser, Guilherme Flach and Tiago Reimann, undergrad student Jozeanne Belomo, and as advisors Marcelo de Oliveira Johann and Ricardo Reis, “Logic Gates Discrete Sizing”, announced at ACM ISPD – International Symposium on Physical Design, Napa, CA, March 25-28, 2012, promoted by ACM/SIGDA and co-promoted by IEEE CAS Society.
8. “Best Paper Award”for the paper: NEUBERGER, G., KASTENSMIDT, F., REIS, R., WIRTH, G., BREDERLOW, R., PACHA, C., Statistical Analysis of Variability of Flip-Flop Race Immunity in 130nm and 90nm CMOS Technologies. In: 8th Latin- American Test Workshop - LATW 2007, Cuzco, Peru, March 12-14, 2007.
7. Research of The Year 2002, given by Fapergs (Research Foundation of the Rio Grande do Sul State) (Subject: Computing, Mathematics and Statistics)
6. First Place in Conceptual Design of the Designer’s Forum of IEEE/ACM Date 2003 – Design Automation and Test in Europe, March 2003.
4. Oustanding Paper Award on CAD, for the paper “SAWICKI, S., BRISOLARA, L., INDRUSIAK, L., REIS, R. A. L. Collaborative Design Using a Shared Object Spaces Infrastructures”. 15th Symposium on Integrated Circuits and System Design – SBCCI2002
3. SILVER CORE Award – IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, 2001
2. Diploma of Recognition for the Scientific and Technology Contribution for the Development of Microelectronics in Iberoamerica given by the Government of the State of Puebla, México, during the celebrations of the V Centenary of America Discovery.
1. “Best Paper Award on Design Methods and CAD” IFIP VLSI’97, Gramado, 26-30 August 1997 for the paper: REIS, André; REIS, Ricardo.; ROBERT, Michel; AUVERGNE, Daniel. Library Free Technology Mapping. In: VLSI’97 IFIP International Conference on VLSI, Chapman-Hall, pg. 303-314