Current students as of 2019/1
- Luis F. G. Millani (PhD candidate, at UGA) – co-advisor, with Jean-François Méhaut
- Guilherme Alles (Master student, Data Science on Scale + Visualization)
- Lucas Nesi (Master student, Task-based Application Performance Analysis on Hybrid Clusters)
- Marcelo Miletto (Master student, topic to be defined)
- Henrique Corrêa Pereira da Silva (Scientific Initiation, Paral. Prog. + Perf. Analysis)
- Alexandre K. S. Miyazaki (Spec., Data Science & Big Data)
Looking for an advisor?
My main topics are in the Research tab. If you’re interested, or if you would like to propose something for which you think I am capable to give advice, just drop me a word by e-mail or pass by my office. I am current an advisor in master level in the Graduate Program in Computer Science (PPGC).
- Fernando Correa Gomes (Scientific Init., Parallel Task-based Programming + Perf. Analysis)
- Vinicius Garcia Pinto (PhD candidate, Perf. Analysis / Simulation) – unofficial co-advisor
- Rafael Keller Tesser (PhD, AMPI/SimGrid) – unofficial co-advisor, with P. Navaux and A. Legrand
- Gabriel Bronzatti Moro (Master student, HPC, perf. and energy analysis, former HPCELO Project)
- Alef Farah (Undergraduate, trace comparison, intrusion characterization, HPCELO Project)
- Arthur Mittmann Krause (application performance as a function of the compiler)
- Jean Luca Bez (I/O forwarding) – master, as unofficial co-advisor, with Philippe O. A. Navaux
- Guilherme Antonio Camelo (TCC, Perf. Analysis of CFD using Alya, HPCELO Project) – Final report
- Bruno Cattelan, João Paulo Ruschel, Guilherme Alles, Mateus Riad, Matheus Serpa (HPCELO Project)
- Flavio A. Rodrigues (performance analysis, load balancing metrics evaluation – Final report
- Jonas H. M. Korndorfer (Master, parallel Paje simulator) – Final report
- Ludovic Boulay (from Ensimag, parallel cryptography, advising shared with Raul Weber)
- Lucas H. Jones – Final report – (TCC, flipped classroom experiments)
- Lucas Nodari (compiler course monitor)
- Ricardo Antonio Cervo – Final report – (TCC, automatic generation of bus maps for Porto Alegre)
- Tais Bellini – Final report – (TCC, Paje simulator in Java, trace database)
- Luis F. G. Millani (Master, DoE Methodology for Energy) – Final report – co-advisor, with Nicolas Maillard
- Jessica Reinaldo (compiler course monitor)
- Rafael Menezes Nunes (Specialization, freesurfer cluster distribution) - Soft. Eng. Spec.
- Roger A. Leite (Master, phenology visualization) – Final report – co-advisor, with João Comba
- Thiago Monaco Papageorgiou (Specialization, web server performance analysis) - Soft. Eng. Spec.
- Tiago Covolan Bozzetti (paraver/simgrid integration)
- Vinicius Herbstrith (IC, binary trace file format, parallel applications on GPUs)
- Jonata Teixeira Pastro (Iloc simulator)
- Vagner F. Pereira (TCC, parallel haskell) – Final report – co-advisor, with Rodrigo Machado
Writing Technical Manuscripts
These are some books I recommend to improve writing skills for technical manuscripts.