22 – 25 November 2022 – 100% Online
Calls and important dates
|Submission deadlines||July 17, 2022*||July 24, 2022*||July 24, 2022*|
|Author notification||September 25, 2022||September 25, 2022||September 25, 2022|
|Camera-ready deadline||October 09, 2022||October 09, 2022||October 09, 2022|
* extended deadlines
About ONTOBRAS 2022
Ontology is an interdisciplinary field that studies concepts and theories that provide the foundation for building shared domain conceptualizations. In recent years, we noticed a growing interest in the application of ontologies to solve modeling and classification problems in several areas, such as computer science, information science, philosophy, artificial intelligence, linguistics, knowledge management, semantic web, and others.
The Seminar on Ontology Research in Brazil (ONTOBRAS) is a scientific venue for researchers and practitioners from computer and information science to discuss theories, methodologies, languages, tools and experiences related to the theory and practice of ontologies. In addition, Master’s and PhD students whose research is focused on Ontologies will, in the Doctoral and Masters Consortium on Ontologies (WTDO), the opportunity to present and discuss their proposals with experts in the field–a valuable opportunity to receive feedback on their research and network within the community. Likewise, through the Tutorials Track. students, practitioners, and lecturers will have the opportunity to learn techniques and tools used by the community.
In its 15th edition, ONTOBRAS 2022 is recognized by the Brazilian ontology community as a unique and highly qualified forum for the presentation and discussion of ontologies and application cases in Brazil. The WTDO is in its 6th edition and has been consolidating itself as a rich space for discussion among researchers of different generations, contributing to the expansion and renewal of the community of ontology researchers in Brazil. This year, with the tutorials track, participants will also have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art ontology techniques and tools.
Therefore, we list in a non-exhaustive way areas and research communities from which we expect to receive submissions:
- Conceptual modeling: conceptual methods and tools for the formal representation of concepts in ontologies.
- Information Science: construction and use of taxonomies, thesauri, knowledge organization systems, information indexing, and other applications.
- Logic and Reasoning: formal representation languages and systems applied to representation and reasoning with ontologies.
- Philosophy: philosophical aspects that underlie ontological modeling, top ontologies, mereology, essence and identity, and others.
- Software engineering: ontology representation languages, system architecture, methodologies for developing ontology-based systems.
- Linguistics and natural language processing: concept extraction, meaning determination.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit theoretical, technical, and practical research contributions that directly or indirectly deal with the areas listed above. We welcome papers ranging from philosophical and theoretical foundations to new technologies and innovative applications.
The 15th Ontology Research Seminar in Brazil (ONTOBRAS 2022) and the 6th Doctoral and Masters Consortium on Ontologies (WTDO 2022) will be 100% ONLINE, and will be held on November 22, 23, 24, and 25, 2022.
Follow ONTOBRAS on your favorite social media platform and learn all the latest news about the conference.