Here’s a list of talks I have presented.
May 15th, 2018: Ensino Aberto e Reprodutibilidade na Ciência. Ciclo de Conferências do ILEA – Estudos Avançados em Ciências e Humanidades. ILEA/UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
April 3rd, 2018: - Data Science for Performance Analysis of Parallel Applications. 1st Green-Cloud Workshop. Porto Alegre, Brazil. (prospecting collaborations within the Green-Cloud Pronex)
December 1st, 2017: PhenoVis in R. e-Phenology Workshop. Campinas, Brazil. (proposed slides for discussion).
November 16th, 2017: DGEMM Performance Variability in Task-based Applications running on Multi-(Node,CPU,GPU). DATAPOL Seminar. Grenoble, France.
November 11th, 2017. VII NVIDIA GPU WORKSHOP @ PUCRS. Performance Analysis of Task-based Parallel Applications on Multi-GPU Hybrid Clusters.
October 20th, 2017. Workshop on Hybrid Computing 2017 @ SBAC-PAD 2017. Campinas, Brazil. Detecting Performance Outliers for Task-based HPC Applications in multi-CPU,GPU,Node clusters.
- September, 4th, 2017. WSPPD 2017 Workshop @ INF/UFRGS
- Detecting Memory-Bound Parallel Regions to Improve the Energy-Efficiency of Applications. On behalf of Gabriel Moro.
- Analyzing Dynamic Task-Based Applications on Hybrid Platforms: An Agile Scripting Approach. On behalf of Vinícius Garcia Pinto.
September, 1st, 2017. R+tidyverse basics (Tutorial). CG Seminar @ INF/UFRGS.
August, 25th, 2017. Harnessing Trace Viz for Perf. Analysis of HPC Task-based Applications on Hybrid Multi-X Platforms. CG Seminar. Porto Alegre, Brazil.
August, 7th, 2017. Visual Performance Analysis of Task-based Multi-[core|GPU|node] Parallel Applications. GPPD Seminar. Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- March 16th, 2017: Taking Advantage of Application Structure for Visual Performance Analysis: Cholesky + StarPU-MPI case study. DATAPOL Seminar. Grenoble, France.
- December 2nd, 2016: Composite Views for Performance Analysis of Dense/Sparse Task-based Codes: QRMumps case study. Plenary meeting of the ANR SOLHAR project. Toulouse, France.
- September 16th, 2014: Performance Analysis Scalability on PajeNG. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Talk for the Fourth Brazil-France Workshop – HOSCAR 2014 workshop. Gramado, RS, Brazil. Slides.
- March, 20th, 2014: Análise de Desempenho de Programas Paralelos (Performance analysis of parallel programs). Lucas Mello Schnorr. Short course (3 hours) prepared for the ERAD/RS 2014. Alegrete, RS, Brazil. Slides (in Portuguese), Text (draft version in Portuguese).
- March 19th, 2014: Executando Aplicações Paralelas MPI na GridRS (GridRS: Hands-on). Lucas Mello Schnorr, Márcio Castro, Pedro Velho. Tutorial prepared for the ERAD/RS 2014. Alegrete, RS, Brazil. GridRS 101: an introduction (in Portuguese).
- November 29th, 2013: Exposing Program Behavior through Trace Visualization on Scale. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Presentation prepared for visit to the Graduate Program in Computer Science of UFSM. Santa Maria, Brazil.
- November 21st, 2013: Trace Visualization for Performance Analysis. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Presentation prepared for the Visualization and Interaction Research Group Seminar, at INF, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- October 21st, 2013: Large-scale performance analysis visualization. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Emerging trends section in the 3rd LICIA Workshop (full program here), at INF, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- October 1st-2nd, 2012: Paje for Exascale Performance Visualization Analysis. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Invited presentation in the Workshop on Tools for Exascale 2012 (WSTOOLS), at the CEA, Bruyeres-le-Chatel, France.
- September 25-26th, 2012: Visualizing more performance data than fits on your screen. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Invited presentation in the 6th International Parallel Tools Workshop, Stuttgart, Germany. (The corresponding paper will be referenced here as soon as the workshop proceedings are released. In the meanwhile, you can read the corresponding research report about it.)
- September 5th, 2012: Analysis of Program Behavior. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Presentation in the 2nd LICIA Workshop, Grenoble, France. More information here.
- August 9th, 2012: Analysis of distributed systems simulation through trace visualization. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Presentation during visit to the INF-UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil. More information here.
- July, 26th, 2012: Data Aggregation and Alternative Visualization Techniques for Parallel and Distributed Program Analysis. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Invited presentation at the ZIH-Colloquium in the Technische Universitat (TU) of Dresden, Germany.
- June 13th, 2012: Tracing & Visualization 101. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Presentation in the 2nd SimGrid Users Days. Ecully, France. Slides.
- March 3rd, 2012: Performance visualization: state and roadmap (for the ANR SONGS project). Lucas Mello Schnorr, Arnaud Legrand, Jean-Marc Vincent. Grenoble’s Group of Interest in Tracing. Grenoble, France.
- February 22nd, 2012: Trace visualization. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Visualization meeting at CERN’s ATLAS DDM. Geneve, Switzerland.
- July 7th, 2011: Triva and friends: an overview. Lucas Mello Schnorr, Arnaud Legrand. ProHMTP and USS-SimGrid meeting, centralization efforts for trace visualization. Grenoble, France.
- April 18th, 2011: Large-Scale Trace Visualization Analysis with Triva and Paje – the G5K case study –. Lucas Mello Schnorr, Arnaud Legrand. Practical session at the Grid’5000 Spring School. Reims, France. Slides
- October 28th, 2010: Some Visualization Models applied to the Analysis of Parallel Applications. Lucas Mello Schnorr. WSCAD-CTD. Thanks to Philippe O. A. Navaux for presenting in my place. Petropolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- June 18th, 2010: Visualization Techniques to analyze Parallel Applications. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Workshop ST-Micro. Grenoble, France.
- April 15th, 2010: Simulation Analysis: Visualization Techniques to analyze SimGrid Simulations. Lucas Mello Schnorr, Arnaud Legrand, Jean-Marc Vincent. Presentation in the 1st SimGrid Users Days. Cargese, Corse, France.
- April 2nd, 2010: Triva: Exploring Visualization Techniques for Performance Analysis. Lucas Mello Schnorr. Lab Demonstration Session. Grenoble, France.
- October 31st, 2009: Visualization for Performance Debugging of Large-Scale Parallel Applications. Lucas Mello Schnorr, Benhur de Oliveira Stein, Jean-Marc Vincent. Tutorial presented at the 21st Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing, SBAC-PAD. Sao Paulo, Brazil. Slides.