The Institute of Informatics invites applications for tenure-track full-time faculty positions at Associate Professor level (“Professor Adjunto”). A PhD in Computer Science or in a related area (see specific requirements for each area in the detailed call for applications) is required. All applicants must either hold great promise for or have a significant track record of research, as well as teaching excellence. The selection process involves oral and written exams which can be taken in either English or Portuguese and will occur in 2020.
There are seven positions available for the following areas:
• Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing – 1 vacancy
• Software Engineering – 1 vacancy
• Fundamentals in Computer Science and Engineering – 2 vacancies
• High Performance Architectures – 1 vacancy
• Design and Development of Digital Systems – 1 vacancy
• Large Scale Distributed Systems – 1 vacancy
Applications are open between September 16th and 30th and should be submitted electronically at PROGESP. The initial (gross) monthly salary is 9,600 BRL.
Further information about these roles can be obtained by contacting the Head of the Applied Informatics Department, Professor Carlos Lisbôa, " target="_blank">email:.